Request for Proposal (RFP) – Laboratory Analysis of Petroleum products
Request for Proposal (RFP)
Laboratory Analysis of Petroleum products
I. BACKGROUND AND SECTOR OVERVIEW
The Autoridade Nacional do Petroléo e Minerais (ANPM) is a Timor-Leste’s body responsible for managing and regulating petroleum and mineral activities in the Timor-Leste’s Exclusive Jurisdiction Areas and in the Greater Sunrise Special Regime in accordance with the Decree Law on the establishment of the ANPM, the Timor-Leste Petroleum Activities Law, and the Maritime Boundary Treaty (MBT). The ANPM is to establish and supervise compliance with the enacted rules and regulation covering the exploration, development, production, transportation, processing and distribution of petroleum natural gas resources and mineral. It is also tasked to develop a strong petroleum and mineral management institution in Timor – Leste.
The ANPM wishes through this RFP to select and engage a qualified and experienced Consultant to assist the ANPM – Downstream Directorate in laboratory analysis for fuel samples. Highlights of works seeking for are stipulated in the scope of work below.
III. SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work is:
- To assist the ANPM in performing laboratory analysis to petroleum products and providing the laboratory report to ANPM including explanatory notes for each of the off specification parameter;
- To assist the ANPM in the following task if required from time to time during the period of contract:
- supplying of petroleum products sampling and testing;
- supplying petroleum products cargo surveillance gears and calibrate it in accordance with manufacture requirement;
- Performing initial cargo surveillance at least one time for each fuel terminal;
- Performing initial fuel sampling of the planned product quality check;
- performing audits to fuel acceptance facility in fuel storage facility;
- prepare ANPM staff competency assessment program related to petroleum product sampling and cargo surveillance; and
- Any other tasks.
The ANPM shall issue Work Order to selected consultant specifying work detail from time to time within scope of work and period of contract.
The Consultant will be contracted by ANPM for a period of 1 (one) year and can be extended.
IV. OUTPUTS, DELIVERABLES AND ADMINISTRATIVE ARRANGEMENTS
All advices and assistances shall be provided in writing and the output of the review shall be included in a report to the ANPM.
All relevant documentation shall be submitted in English language.
The Consultant shall be available for meetings and discussions with staff from the ANPM as necessary as well as discussion or deliver presentation on the outcomes of the review.
Invoices will be raised by the Consultant, after the conclusion of the work issued by the ANPM in the Work Order and the amounts due, which will be paid within 60 calendar days upon submission to the ANPM.
ANPM should make the payments based on the agreed method for the specific task delivered.
V. QUALIFICATION REQUIRMENTS
The qualifications, skills and experience of the Consultant shall include;
- Having at least 5 (five) years’ experience in undertaking works as specify in the scope of work.
- Having qualifications, skills, and experience in performing laboratory analysis to petroleum products
- Demonstrating capability to attend working meeting in Timor-Leste at short notice.
VI. PROPOSAL OUTLINE
Interested parties should make a detailed submission responding to the present RFP.
Particular attention should be paid to:
- How the scope of work be addressed and Methodology to be used;
- The qualification and experience to undertake the work; and
- Price Quotation for each Scope of Work.
VII. ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
The External Consultant will be selected under a Quality and Cost Based selection, considering the following criteria:
- Work experience and capacity to undertake the scope of work;
- Qualification and experience of the team proposed to undertake the work;
- Proposed Methodology based on the scope of work;
- Work Program/Timeline;
- Statement of Conflict of Interest;
- Business Registration (International/National);
- Declaration of any affiliation companies (if any);
- Bank Statements within the last 3 months transaction from the date of the proposal submission
- Company Organization Structure;
- The proposed remuneration or quotation;
- Financial Proposal in USD lump sum figure for each SoW shall be inclusive of 10% Timor-Leste Withholding Tax;
- Any incidental out of pocket expenses, such as travel and accommodation must be included in the overall fixed price fees submitted;
- No amount other than the agreed price shall be paid.
- The proposal to be submitted to ANPM shall be written in English and the requirement as outlined in the selection criteria shall be provided in a sequence manner.
- While price is an important factor, it shall not be the primary consideration in evaluating responses to this RFP.
- Failed to response above two notes, it will disqualify for further assessment process.
A Request for Proposal should be in sealed envelope, mark “Confidential” and mentioned the procurement reference number for the attention of Mr. Nuno Belo Freitas, Procurement Sourcing Officer and submitted as follow by E-mail ANPM.email@example.com, hand or currier to:
Autoridade Nacional do Petróleo e Minerais ( ANPM)
Edificio do Ministério das Finanças, Pisos 6 e 7
PO BOX 113
Dili, Timor Leste
ANPM website: www.anpm.tl
IX. CLOSING DATE
The bidding process will be closed on 27 February 2020 at 16.30 hours Timor-Leste time. Late applications will not be considered.
X. FURTHER INFORMATION
Questions or requests for further information should be made by letter, email or fax and directed to
firstname.lastname@example.org or through phone +670 73099995/+670 73099996.
Dili, 27 January 2020
Admin and Procurement Manager
For the details please click here.