Values and Strategic Direction
The “Autoridade Nacional do Petroleo e Minerais” (ANPM) is Timor-Leste’s public institution responsible for managing and regulating petroleum and mining activities in Timor-Leste’s exclusive jurisdictional areas and in the Joint Petroleum Development Area (JPDA). The ANPM undertakes its role pursuant to the Decree Law on the establishment of the ANPM, the Petroleum Activities Law, and the Timor Sea Treaty.
The ANP aims at ensuring compliance with the rules and regulations covering the exploration, development, production, transportation, and distribution of petroleum and natural gas resources in its jurisdictional areas. Through regular supervision and monitoring of all petroleum activities, the ANPM seeks to provide maximum benefit to Timor-Leste and Australia (in the case of the JPDA) whilst upholding the best practices for Health, Safety and the Environment.
C O U R A G E
Collaboration, to conduct efficient and effective collaborating among (i) ANPM’s internal Directorates, and (ii) with its stakeholders.
Openness, openness, honesty and transparency – underpinned by a culture of trust and respect
Unity, ANPM promotes and displays a high degree of teamwork and integration of its employees and Directorates. Whilst appreciating and respecting the culture of intellectual diversity of the individuals that’s works within it, the ANPM is united in it ambition to become a world class organization in Timor-Leste.
Responsibility, as true leaders, ANPM team members take full responsibility for the results of their actions
Accountability, ANPM and its team members are fully accountable for their ethical standards, behavior and performance – at all times. Furthermore the ANPM is accountable for the governments of Timor-Leste. In performing the task in the JPDA ANPM is accountable for Timor-leste and Australia, acting on behalf of both countries.
Global View, whilst operations for the ANPM reside in Timor-Leste, its view is a global one. It works with and coordinates activities with operators that are multi-national in nature, size and scope.
Excellence, in line with developing a world class organization, the ANPM believes in excellence – in everything that it does.
Our Strategic Direction
To be a leading petroleum and mineral regulatory authority in the region and a model for institutional development in Timor-Leste
– To maximize revenue and multiply economic benefits;
– To maximize the participation of Timor-Leste in the development of its petroleum sector;
– To promote best Health, Safety and Environmental practices;
– To develop the institutional capacity of the Timor-Leste petroleum sector
– Ensure that petroleum resources are effectively explored, developed, managed and regulated;
– Ensure that economic benefits are delivered to the contracting states;
– Maximize employment opportunities for Timor-Leste nationals;
– Develop organizational excellence;
– Promote and ensure best HSE practices;
– Regulate all downstream petroleum activities in Timor-Leste;
– Maximize economic activities of petroleum sector in Timor-Leste